Hot Docs Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Hot Docs and the Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema are committed to excellence in serving all our customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our venues and services.
The Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema has a number of Captiview devices for personal viewing of closed captioned content. For closed captions to be available the film prints that we receive from distributors must have been formatted as such. We will indicated online the films with prints equipped with closed captioned content. Please note that the equipment is subject to availability, and you may be asked to leave a form of ID to ensure the safe return of the device.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Fees will not be charged for support persons or for admission to Hot Docs’ venues.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services for customers with disabilities Hot Docs will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative venues or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at the front of the Cinema as well as on our website.
Training for Staff
Hot Docs will provide training to all employees and volunteers. This training will be provided to staff within a one month period of their start date.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Hot Docs’ accessible customer service plan
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the all equipment or devices, e.g. TTY, wheelchair lifts, etc., available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Hot Docs’ goods and services
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Hot Docs is committed to providing accessible environments and to meeting the accommodation needs of all of our audience members and industry delegates. The Hot Docs Ted Rogers Cinema has four designated wheel-chair locations within the auditorium and is equipped with two transfer seats available for usage by patrons wishing to move from wheelchairs or other assistance devices.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Hot Docs provides goods and services to people with disabilities can contact us by phone, email, or in person to venue staff. All feedback will be directed to the Associate Director, Operations. Customers can expect to hear back within 48 hours. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Feedback should be directed to:
Phone: 416.203.2155 x 227